Creative lighting DVD from Nikon

mark45831

I've watched it. It's a very good example of what you can do with Nikon's Speedlights and the wireless CLS system. It was worth the time to watch it, I don't know about being work $39. It's not necessarily something you need to watch more than once or twice, you know?

I thought it was great for someone starting out with CLS. The first part shows details of actually using the various

speedlights and flash basics. The second part goes through varous lighting scenarios starting with simple setups to more

complex. The DVD takes you along with Joe MCNally who narrates and describes his thinking as he works. Part 2 would

appeal to all levels. I found the DVD invaluable to me for really understanding the ClLS - especially in wireless remote.

<p>I don't have experience with that DVD, but I chose to get Nikon Creative Lighting System Digital Field Guide (Paperback) by J. Dennis Thomas. It is well written and highly touted.<br>

Plus, I like that I can bring it with me as opposed to a DVD. You can find new copies for less than $15 including shipping from Amazon.</p>