SLR suggestions

stacy_jones

Stacy,

If you could give us some more details, that would make it easier to recommend something that fits your needs

Budget, photographic goals, weather conditions the camera should be able to handle, will you be shooting fast paced action, max size of prints you'll want or do you just want something for the photo albums, are you looking for something simple with little or no desire to expand your lens lineup, etc.

My personal recommendation would be a Maxxum 7 with Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 and Maxxum 5600 flash. Of course that would cost you $1500 and be an extremely heavy camera kit to carry around. I recommend that one because that is what I use for all of my shooting right now.

If you can answer some of those questions, it would be really helpful.

stacy:

all the technical information aside, the two main considerations are how much do you want to spend, and how much you are willing to carry around. a camera will not do any good sitting in your closet, and most cameras are larger than your om2 with a 50mm lens. i have that camera and it is an excellent camera. my wife for example won't carry anything larger than an olympus stylus epic and that suits her fine.

<P>Unless you are prevented from reaching your photographic goals by your current equipment, there is no reason to change. I think the OM2 is a super camera and I can't envisage anything better in 35mm. Now, if you want a bigger negative, that's another story...</P><P>Let us know what your photographic goals are.</P>