Memory Card Problem in Kodak 7440

mike_sea

Hi All,

I think we have all been through this scenario...because we shoot for a living we are considered experts on every

camera ever made - especially with regards to digital cameras.

A friend gave me her Kodak 7440 easyshare camera and said the new Sandisk 4 GB card wouldn't format. the card

was tried in another camera and worked perfectly. In the 7440 however, it says the cards needs ti be formatted.

When I went through the process the menu would then loop back to format card again.

My suspicion is that this cameras memory mapping cannot handle a 4GB card but even the Kodak pages and

specifications on this camera that I have searched do not mention anything except the 32mb internal memory storage.

Sorry to put this onto your guys and gals out there, I hope there is a little empathy in my plight.

Thanks in advance

Mike Sea

The easyshare 7440 is a 4Mpix camera. It uses SD cards. The SD specification only describes cards up to 2GB. (And that is what the easyshare 7440 will very likely support as maximum). Cards above 2GD are SDHC cards. They aren't compatible to SD (non HC). All devices capable of using SDHC are also able to use SD (non HC). But devices only supporting SD will not be able to use SDHC.

The 4GB card your friend is using is a SDHC card. So this card cannot be used in the 7440. Tell your friend to get an (inexpensive) 2GB card or two. They'll run ok in that camera.