Hasselblad 120 Film magazine went nuts?

nicolas_switalski

Hi, here's another one:

I have 4 hasselblad film holders and all of them went crazy!!! None of them now distribute the picture frames

correctly, some take only 9 or 8 frames, and some start overlapping frames from the 2nd or 3rd frame. I have to

charge the camera separetly and then open the little window on the holder to see the number on the film roll,

then attach the film holder again and so on... this works for me in the studio although it's a hassle.

This was my father equipment, and he told me once that he took these holders to a technician and they got fixed

but after a while started malfunctioning again!!! Someone once told that if you stop using the camera-film holder

for a while this happens, could this be true?

Anyone here has had the same problem? and was it fixed, or if I sen it to repair again will this problem appear

again in the future?

Thanks!!!

Ahh, sorry, the camera is a Hasselblad 500C for what it's worth!

If all four started acting strange at the same time, perhaps it is the body itself. I have a couple of older backs that seem to occassionally spread the last two or three frames out resulting in one less exposure per frame. If it was all my backs I would look to the body, especially as you say that it is OK if advanced when the magazines are off the body. If that is the case then sending them in for repairs will not be correcting the problem although perhaps a rebuilt magazine might have higher tolerances so that for a while it corrects for the body's malfunctioning. This is all guess work on my part of course.

If possible I would suggest that you find someone with a working 500 series and swap backs for a shoot and see if it is your body or your back. These are old backs if they have the flip up window but then that is also what I have been using and have no idea the last time they were worked on as just got them last year. But I would find out which is the problem.

David Odess (never remember the spelling) is very helpful and if you find out which it is the problem send them to him for an overhaul

Good luck