Bronica Polaroid Back Issues?

nathan_david1

I just tried out this Polaroid back I have for my Bronica SQA for the first time.<br>

I loaded a pack of 667 Polaroid film that I had taken out of my fridge about a half hour before and attached it

to the camera body, pulled out the black tab, took my shot, pulled out the number tab, then pulled out the film.<br>

Only thing is, as soon as I pulled out the film it came apart without sticking at all and seemed to have some

residue on the back side. I tried another shot and the same thing happened.<br>

Is the film botched? Did I likely not load it properly? Is the Polaroid back botched?<br>

Any help appreciated before I waste anymore of my remaining 667 film.

You mean the print peeled off the backing (developing layer) paper as soon as you pulled the photo through the rollers? That sounds like the film is botched - the pod of developing goo might have dried up.

But perhaps a loading problem might explain it as well. The first time I tried a Polaroid back, I had no instructions and completely did it arseways - I was convinced that the 10 white tabs should protrude through the rollers when you load it! After a couple of shots, I realized it wasn't working and downloaded some instructions. Trivial when you know how. I was able to save most of that first film pack by reloading it properly in darkness.

As long as the rollers are clean, squeezing tightly together, and rolling when you pull the photos through them, the Polaroid back is probably ok. Hope you can figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<p>You may still be able to get Polaroid from some of the bigger camera shops, but they may just be selling<br>

off the last stock they have. I got some from B&H and I had all kinds of problems with it even though it was still within the expiration date. Have you heard that<br>

Polaroid stopped manufacturing a year or two ago? Hope you haven't bought too much. I've already tossed the Polaroid back for my ETRS.<br>

Solution: Meter carefully and bracket your shots<br>

Gook luck</p>

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...