How Many Weddings do you shoot per year etc..?

my work site

I am just about to start shooting as an assistant to a few weddings....so I am a definitely Newb to the wedding

industry. I have been reading a few books and of course the forums...but I haven't really found a solid answer

to this question. So, I put it to my fellow photogs.

About how many weddings do you shoot a year and what price bracket do you normally cater to?

<p>What you're asking for is entirely dependent on location, demographics, market segmentation and the product on offer.

You'll probably be better off looking at your own location, your own product, and asking a more targeted question that suits

your specific market. Otherwise you'll get a myriad of responses, few of which will be directly applicable to you, or useful to

you.</p>

I've averaged 25 weddings a year for the past 27 years, with a high of 38 and a low of 22. I'm price-positioned in the middle of the

pack for my area, which works for me b/c I have a full-time job and shoot weddings every other weekend and don't have the

overhead other photogs might. My most popular package is $1,000 with no album, just high-res images burned to a DVD.

Good shooting!

Terra, as the others have said, your local market will be the biggest determining factor. Every market has the high end clientelle, but some have more than others. I did 37 weddings this year with most going for the $2500 package. I've raised my prices for 2009 and plan on booking less. I'm also a teacher with two kids, and I stretched myself too thin this year.

There are some photographers in my area who will shoot for less than $1000 and others who charge several thousand. I think I'm slightly above my competition as far as price.