is my 20D going to die? T^T

seungwoo_son

im having probs with my 20D. first one is the AF sometimes it just doesnt work i hav to give few tries to get it

work and i wasnt in the low lighting. next one is shutter. i have to hold on to the shutter button for a few

seconds to fire. did anyone have similar probs? I had it for about 4 years now and never had probs with it

until now. lenses im using are 24-70L and 17-40L incase thts got to do with anything.

I agree with Kristen 100%. I believe your shutter button is failing and that is why the shutter is lagging and the af is

lacking. It always happens when the camera has a certain amount of use in it and the result is a repair will be

necessary. Usually this will require a shutter relase assembly replacement which is not the most expensive repair in

the world. The way i would test this is to remove the lens altogether and set it to full manual (with flash off). Then try

to fire the shutter. If there is no hesitation whatsoever then the problem was probably due to the fact that the lens (or

camera) could not focus and therefore would not fire the shutter. If the camera hesitates from you just pressing the

shutter button and you find yourself having to press really hard for it to fire even without a lens then you have a

shutter release assembly problem and it will have to be replaced.

Best Regards,

Mark