Epson 4000/7600 on Macs with OSX 10.5

Hi everybody,

is anyone having any difficulties printing with the Epson 4000 and/or Epson 7600 with OSX 10.5 installed? A

recent OS crash forced me to upgrade to 10.5 on my eMac and I've ordered a new iMac with OSX 10.5 as well.

After the fact, I've seen people writing that the 4000 and 7600 are not supported any longer and have

difficulties with OSX 10.5

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Is it possible for me to reinstall 10.3 on my eMac?

Thanks.

Joe,

Have you had any issues at all with printing? When I downloaded the newest Epson drivers for the 4000, it says on the epson site: "This driver is OS X v10.5 compatible, not full-featured, and therefore, will offer only limited printing support"

Do you have any idea what that means. I've got everything hooked up, ran some test prints using the 4000 Enhanced Matte icc profile that I have previously used for years when under OS 10.3, and the colors are still pretty off. I've got a calibrated monitor as well.

The latest driver, v3.09, for the 4000 is also on the Leopard Install Disk 1 in the "Optional Installs" folder. Unfortunately

you have to install all the Epson drivers to get it but the rest can be removed after the fact.<P>I have been using it with a

4000 and OSX10.5 without a problem, no difference in 10.5 then 10.4 as far as I can tell. There are no features that I seem

to miss but then again I only use black inks in the 4000 so color is not an issue.