Giottos Screen Protectors-good investment or marketing ploy?

photohns

Was wondering how many people use a screen protector on their LCD screen. I heard Canon has replacements for

15.00 or so. Is it very hard to replace your original? Would the Giottos be made of higher quality glass than the

original part? Is the Giottos harder to replace than the Canon anyway? Thery sell for around 35.00, not sure if it's a

waste of money or a good investment Thanks

I rely on the screen protector on the camera. As you stated, it's inexpensive and easy to replace. However, I've yet to sustain damage to it on either a 20D or 40D. While i don't slap it onto walls, or clean it off with sandpaper, I didn't coddle them either, and have yet to have a mark appear (I think I got the 20D in early 2005, so it was over 3 years without a problem before selling it for the 40D about 6 months ago). I personally have not felt the need to buy additional protection for my screen.

Henry

I have pretty well ruined the screen on my Powershot, so I got the Giottos protector for my 5D. Only thing I don't like about it is I shoot with my left eye, I have a greasy nose, and the screen's hard to clean. But I love mine; I'm even thinking of getting a spare.

• 1 month later...