Cleaning Pen

jeff_kim3

What do they do a more traditional device will not do?

Blow the crud off that can be blown off. Then use a clean brush you have not fingered the brissles on testing the softness, clean with microfiber and water if still necessary. Go back and use lens cleaner like Zeiss if you must.

Stop at any point. The less you do the better.

I carry a mini LensPen with my kit. On one side is a retractable brush. Which is nice to quickly brush

bits of the lens. The LensPen isn't any better than a quality microfibre cloth. But it is a nice, tidy little

package. Ronald's right, though. Less is best. Your lens will appreciate it.

Before I bought my LensPen I read user opinons on PN, and all recommended it. I have been using them for two years now, and have been quite pleased with their ability to remove fingerprints and even slight coating marks without any damage. I first blow off any visible dust, then use the LensPen included brush to gently brush off the glass, then use the special polishing end. It will also remove the problematic smudges from Hoya HMC filters. The smaller model is great for cleaning viewfinders and focusing screens. I would not trust the secondary brand models, especially because the price is nearly the same.

I can't seem to find mine since my wife and I moved. I use mine only once on a new or newly bought lens, then it's on with the

B+W UV filter, every lens, every time. If you think you're better off without a quality filter to protect your front element, put a

magnifier up to it in good light and prepare to cry. Now to find my pen.

The Nikon brand Lens Pen needs to be properly operated to be effective and last long. Yes, even if it is such a simple device, read instructions on the wrap paper package

The brash usage is self explanatory, but the brush needs to be extracted and hidden inside when not in use, to keep clean.

The moist end rubber type end tip needs to be capped immediately after usage to preserve the moisure for long time, , and while being capped, half-twisted to "replenish the unique lens pen cleaning pad".