Olympus OM10--lens

mario_henriquez

Sigma does not CURRENTLY make lenses in OM mount, but neither does anyone else. I suggest you look at KEH.com and check out their stock. They have Olympus Zuiko branded lenses as well as 3rd party lenses. However, Sigma has only recently become one of the better 3rd party makers. Tamron was the king of 3rd party lens makers in the manual focus era, and especially their lenses from the 1970s were absolutely wonderful, solid metal construction and great optics. All that said, one of the main reasons for owning an Olympus camera is the optics. They made and continue to make (for their digitals) some of the most compact and highest-quality optics. Olympus-branded lenses will be slightly more expensive than third-party lenses, but there are some real deals even in the Olympus brand.

I guess because this is an old camera, it's more difficult--at least for me, a beginner--to find out which lens will fit this camera. That's why I'm asking. Is there a list somewhere where I can see my camera and that it lists the lenses that will fit it? (I'm probably asking for too much, but it doesn't hurt to ask.)

Definetely KEH. Conservative ratings, fair price, and a warranty. You might get lucky and pick up something less expensive on Ebay, but most sellers don't offer a warranty. The Olympus Zuiko 50mm f1.8 and 28mm f3.5 are very reasonably priced. You might also find a Sigma 28mm f2.8. Another "sleeper" that is bargain priced is the Sigma 135mm f3.5 mini-tele. The Tamron Adaptall lenses are also good. I have Adaptalls in 17, 24, 90, and 28-200 focal lengths.

Mario, you are looking for anything with an 'OM' mount.

The OM camers are no longer in production so neither are the lenses, so you'll have to buy 'used', unless shops have got remainder 'un-sold' stock.

Ask, or look on Ebay for: 'Olympus OM' or 'OM' lenses, 'Olympus Manual lenses' or 'Olympus Zuiko' (though not 'Olympus Digital Zuiko') and make sure they are compatible with an Olympus 'OM' film mount.

But there's more knowlwdgeable guys on here to advise you, John Hermanson? for one. (sorry about the spelling John)

Mario, that I know of, there is no definative list. Prior to the auto-focus revolution, 3rd party makers like the above mentioned Sigma, Tokina, Tamron as well as others like Vivitar, Soligor often would make one lens in half-a-dozen different lens mounts. So for every manual focus lens that Sigma and Tamron made, there is probably an OM version of it around, but it's very unlikely you will find a list having every lens ever made by every maker in the OM mount. In today's auto-focus, electronic lens world, there are FAR fewer lenses available for new cameras than there were in the manual-focus days.