Paxette IIM - Staeble-Kata 45mm - Spot the mistake!

Yepp, Braun cameras are the Holgas of German camera production -- I have several Paxettes (from the Super I to III and the Reflex) and all have issues and rather disappointing workmanship. The Kata lens is really that bad, if I recall correctly the sun was not even inside the frame and I was using a hood. My lens is pretty soft and I guess it is hard to find a coated triplet as bad as this one.

But the Paxettes sure are cute cameras, so all is forgiven! And sometimes they snap nice pictures, too.<div>00RNs5-85299584.jpg.367557ef6ed3d84e749bb62bdb5c3e06.jpg</div>

Definitely not "fake", and not so much poor quality control as none at all, I'd guess. I wonder how many more are out there. It would be nice if the error made it super-valuable like a postage stamp with the perforations missing! The trouble is, if you don't use the thing regularly, you have to keep peering up the spout to remind yourself which scale is the right one.

Still they are neat little cameras, not really that badly made, and the lenses did improve over the years.

• 4 years later...