Lightroom ACR vs Adobe Beta Profiles?

I find the Adobe Standard "beta 2" to be more accurate and more pleasing on most CR2 files. Differences are subtle on some images, rather dramatic on a few (particularly those heavy in orange, red, and yellow of many shades). Because intstalling the additional profiles does not keep one from electing not to use them, it's easy to go back and forth with a few sample images and compare for yourself. You're not locked in, whatever you decide.

The actual algorithms used by the camera manufacturer are proprietary. Adobe can approximate them, but not duplicate them. As an

example, none of the profiles available in ACR match what I get when I open an image with Nikon Capture NX or NX 2. The ACR colors are

always a bit subdued, particularly the reds, and the overall image is darker than the NX/NX 2 renditions, using any of the ACR profiles. I've

been told that one can setup photoshop to match those colors, but I've never been told how that is accomplished.

At least that has been the case shooting with my Nikon D200, I have no idea how ACR profiles effect other camera brands. My monitor is

calibrated regularly, so that is not an issue here.