Save $$ on 50D

jay a. frew

Just thought I would pass this along.

Since the Canadian dollar has dipped below US$0.80, if you are in the USA and contemplating purchase of a 50D, it

might be worth your while to take advantage of this sale at futureshop.ca...it will be offered from 5PM 27 Oct to

10 AM 28 October (Eastern Standard Times)

http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/CAS1008/default.asp?logon=&langid=EN

EOS 50D is on sale for Canadian $1299.00 - which, by my "down and dirty" calculation is probably less than

US$1050.00.

B&H currently lists the 50D body @ $1400.00

Cheers! Jay

That's odd...they are a big chain electronics store (owned by Best Buy I think), they have physical retail

outlets across Canada (probably one of the biggest, if not the biggest, electronics outlet in Canada) and I have

been buying from them, online and at the store, for 10 or 15 years with no problems.

Cheers! Jay

When you do the reseller ratings above @ 2.58 on a scale of 10... WOW.... Then I saw on the side bar 2x1GB crucial RAM @ $16.99 that I had just bought from Crucial @ double that, I clicked on it and when it took me to the actual buy page it listed it as 1 GB @ $16.99... No times 2 involved....

Seems odd to me...

Have a good one...JoeR...

I'd have to say this is one where resellerratings.com is completely wrong. Absolutely massive chain, outstanding prices, love to price-match, staff are, in my experience, often more helpful than bestbuy. Never bought from them online; happy in-store shopper for at least 13 years - only one bad experience over warranty issue.

WOW...I was just trying to pass along some good news!

I have dealt with Future Shop for 10 or 15 years, and have made several returns over that period...never a problem.

I bought my 40D + 28-135 kit from their on-line store last November (in a similar sale to the one I mentioned at

the top of this post). They sold all those 40D kits in a few days.

Just shows how much clout 60 reviewers can have over an on-line/physical store retailer that conducts millions of

sales per year!

This thread has made me question the real value of "reseller rating" sites...how do we test their voracity?

Cheers! Jay