Has anyone compared Bbosasi and Rime Lite softboxes?

graham_mitchell

These are both Korean brands. Rime Lite seems more expensive and is sold at various European outlets, so I'm

guessing that these are better made, but rather than guessing I'd prefer to hear from anyone who has tried

either, and preferably someone who has seen both to compare.

I have had mixed success with buying third party softboxes before. One was the worst piece of rubbish I ever

bought (it started falling apart after just a few uses). The other (Dynaphos) turned out to be the best made

softbox I've ever seen. Unfortunately Dynaphos don't make everything I need...

Graham,

I have used Bbosasi brand for their Octagon softbox and small softbox. The build quality is the same as dynapos

(I have 2 strip boxes bought from them) since it uses the same material, although the mounting to my hensel head

is okay but I prefer the one made by chimera. THe only reason I try Bbosasi is because their price and they

include grid for their softboxes.

I just use it for less than a year and so far no complain. Maybe the quality of light is better if I use Chimera

(don't have one), but when I compare to photoflex multidome (broke mine after 1 year, but replace by photoflex) I

have found no different for the light quality. I would say the material for Bbosasi softbox is better (thicker)

than photoflex.

Using the 140cm diameter octagon softbox (with secondary diffuser in place) I measure -1/2 stop difference from

center to outer corner. I hope thats help.

• 1 year later...

<p>Well, I had bad experiences (plural) with the Korean Rime Lite made by Hyundae Photonics and their distributor Erlich in Tel Aviv, Israel.<br>

Judge for yourself <a href="00WWUA">http://www.photo.net/photography-lighting-equipment-techniques-forum/00WWUA</a> and <a href="../canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00WWlX">http://www.photo.net/canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00WWlX</a> .</p>