Lightroom to Photoshop but without use of ACR

I remember when I edited a photo in Lightroom and send it to Photoshop, it would popup the ACR in Photoshop

before I move into the physical editing of the file. That was nice! Now in Lightroom 2 I am not getting that anymore.

Can someone explain why this might be? I know that when I request to edit the photo in PS that Lightroom makes a

copy of the file to TIFF format (because of my settings) and then sends that to PS and that is why of course it does

not think ACR is necessary because it no longer is a RAW/DNG file.

So I can I send it to PS and still have PS be able to see the original RAW/DNG and then allow me to edit in ACR,

make further changes in PS and then save as a TIFF and then have Lightroom pick up the new file and stack it with

the original?

Thanks!

im not sure why you need to export from Lr to Ps, and be able to work your file with ACR on top of that? what the point of having Lr then?

When you where able to get the file thru ACR, it was not a RAW anymore anyway (when export from Lr), but a TIF or a JPEG that you where adjusting again because your ACR preference was set to open TIF and JPEG with it.

In Adobe's ACR, you can do more adjustments than you can in Lightroom. I use Lightroom for many of my changes but sometimes I need to use ACR that includes, for example, the transformation stuff with architecture shots. Sometimes I just find ACR an easy tool over the Lightroom tools that are available on the right panel. Lightroom is great for organizing photos and doing many adjustments with the panel on the right in develop mode, but there are times when ACR is better.

heinh?

Are whe talking about Adobe Camera Raw here? ACR is EXACTLY the same as Lr..you CANT do more with it..same tool, different panel.

If you are talking about correcting the line, you are now in Ps in the lens correction tool..not in ACR.

I think you seem a bit lost heres with the different tool...no offence.

All adjustments to images made by either Lightroom or ACR are virtual - tags that affect the display and future disposition but do not change the image file itself. The key advantage of Lightroom is that you can display and compare many images at once and display one image in many ways (e.g., magnify and crop) and quickly do the same with other images and synchronize the results. This makes it much easier to attain consistency than with ACR, which opens only one file at a time. Lightroom also applies virtual edits to non-RAW images, including TIFF and JPEG, whereas ACR only operates on RAW files.

Any changes you make in Photoshop are only saved if you save the RAW file in some other format. No changes "stick" to the RAW file itself. Lightroom's roll in this exchange is to "export" the file, with changes, to another file or directly to Photoshop.

Curves are curves, whether in Lightroom or ACR. If you take the time, you can recreate the effect of one program to the other. The default values and controls are somewhat different, but in the end you are creating a transfer function between the original image data and the final image data. Curves with the same shape have the same effect, no matter how created.

ACR is exactly the same in LR as it is in the ACR window. Exactly.

If you really want to use the ACR window (for old times sake) you can save your LR changes out to XMP, "Show in Finder" and open the

file manually in PS from there. I don't know why you would do that, but you can.