POW Nov 8, 2009

steve_t.1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I liked Chune's taxonomically challenged #1, Michael's parking lot, and Nick's The wind.. that's a real nice capture.. can almost see and feel the wind going through the leaves. Mis that shot of yours is certainly very autumnal (nice one). And Robert the rowing shot has a nice feel to it. Javier those look pretty good..</p>

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=4123413">Ben Pajuczok</a> , Love the circuit board!</p>

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=5092931">Denise Savage</a> , Love the barb wire capture, what sweet bokeh!</p>

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=3763961">Dave Hollander</a> , Love the portrait of your pops!..95 years of age, Wow, I could only imagine that :)</p>

<p><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=752446">Haig Tchamitch</a> , If not for the chopped feet, that would be one of your best ever in my book. What a fantastic image!</p>

<p>Great job all!</p>

<p>Haig- I, too, like the full length version of the man in black, his feet tell me more of the story than your first version.</p>

<p>Nice looking shots all around today. Something really draws me in on the shot of Dave's father. I think it's because I'm watching my own parents turn very elderly, very quickly, before my own eyes. And life marches on...</p>

<p>And thanks for the kind thoughts on my soda machines. That was likely my first "artsy" shot ever.</p>

<p>Thanks Javier and Steve.. I cropped them out mostly because I was trying to frame the shot without that corner in front.. but you are probably right, it does look better in this version (which was my original crop).<br>

Bob..nice ones.. almost as good as your fish :-)<br>

And Dave.. that's a really nice shot of your Dad.. you look quite a bit like him :-)</p>

<p>Dave, really nice shot of your father. He looks like he is still sharp as a tack. <br>

Nice macros, Bob. <br>

John, that first shot of the sheep is very impressive, nice work.<br>

Haig, I agree with Javier, the full view is best.</p>

<p>Been out of the habit of posting on the POTW for a few months and miss it. Guess it is time to jump back in.<br /> <br /> I'll start with my favorites this week so far. I really like Haig's first and last photos. Nick's morning shadow is nice. And Dave's dad looks like he is still full of piss and vinegar.<br /> <br /> I've been playing with HDR quite a bit lately when doing digital. It is really is easy to crank things up too much. Hope these are not great examples of that.<br /> <br /> I've also been doing some film and the last photo is Velvia 100 with a Super Program. Scanning is quite the challenge but I really love playing with film.<br /> <br /> This first shot was done this evening at Smith Rocks here in Central Oregon. It is a world class climbing area and really interesting rock formation.</p><div>00UxeN-188553584.jpg.a7221cf6ae78791e24dc6691ec302087.jpg</div>

<p>Well, the Prince of Drool is 4 months old today (hey, it's still pre-midnight over here!), so we pulled the black out and got some pics. Where has the time gone? I'm still wrapped up with trying to soak up every minute w/ our last baby and I need to get off my rear & pull the camera out a lot more.</p><div>00UxgQ-188577584.thumb.jpg.090a28a6098bc91639030e5c42196e06.jpg</div>

<p>So of course the girls have to get infront of the camera, and for once, the 4yr old actually let us see her face! (photo not shown here or I'll get stoned for just bragging on my kids). We obviously need to go over what we mean by saying "kiss and hold" with the sisters.... they took it to mean "kiss quickly & hug tight". Whoops.</p><div>00UxgY-188579584.jpg.5928d382fd8fd7847db595454cfcc3cb.jpg</div>