Lightroom - new camera profiles from Adobe Labs

I just downloaded from Adobe various camera-specific profiles designed to work with LR 2 and Camera Raw 5.1.

These are currently "beta 2." I have noticed a significant improvement in how caucasian skin tones are reproduced in

Canon CR2 files. Particularly significant if one choses "Adobe Standard" profile. Subtle improvement in both color

and clarity. Anyone else noticed this?

They can be downloaded here: http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/DNG_Profiles_FAQ

Roger, I didn't download beta 1 - you may be right about that, although Adobe FAQ says subtle changes have been made since then on some profiles.

Carl, that's incorrect. Some new cameras are covered. But the "Adobe standard" profile is new. And for some cameras at least (perhaps all) - there are now multiple profiles per camera - so that for my camera, for example, (a Canon XTi), I can choose from among several profiles, including a separate one for landscape, portrait, standard, faithful, and one that duplicates in-camera choices (tends to be higher contrast). It's worth playing with. And it doesn't change the LR or ACR code itself. Just adds options in the "profile" drop-down menu. Easy to uninstall, if you decide to.