Anyone heard of Forbeyon?

pamelamarie

I've been using Zookbinders for my album offerings, but find that I'm barely making money on my albums at all...

from a combination of only charging a little, ordering the highest quality (aka most expensive), and putting in a

ton of design time (I can't help it- I'm a perfectionist!).

Since I don't want to drastically change my prices, I'd like to find a more affordable album company to work

with. Has anyone worked with Forbeyon before? How does Asukabooks compare to Zookbinders specifically in terms of

price and quality?

Any input is appreciated- I've been surfing these boards for hours and find myself getting more and more stressed

out about this!!

Have not hear about it. However, there is a solution to your pricing issue.....charge more. You are devaluing your skills and indirectly devaluing all the other wedding photographers skills by charging little for your albums.

I won't listen to brides who claim they don't have any money. I've been fooled once....never again. They are just going around, taking the lowest price sheet and taking it to another photographer just to bargain shop. I feel like I'm being treated like a used car salesman.

Dave

Asuka is considerably less expensive than Zook - but it's not the same kind of album at all. You might choose to offer it as your 'lower-end' album and it's very good quality.

Also, look at Tuscany albums if you want somewhere near the same look and feel as Zook Books (www.tuscanyalbums.com)

Then, as Dave says, price it so you're making what you want. Or don't do them.

Pamela, I don't know how you're designing your page layouts, but if you're not using LumaPix FotoFusion, you should give it a try. It drastically speeds album design, and is the best software I've found. Download the free trial, watch the associated video clips that show you how to use it, and you'll wonder how you did this without it. It could buy you back a lot of time.

I didn't like the Asukabooks because they're only square format pages. I switched to Graphi-Studio. A much nicer book.

I use Forbeyon and they are excellent from all aspects. Their quality is excellent. (I say they are equivalent or better then the top quality from any other major album company). Customer service is first class. Turn around is the same as all the others. Pricing is competitive for the quality. I sell albums from 4 different vendors and if I had to go down to only one, I'd keep Forbeyon.

I've used Forbeyon for two albums so far. I've had them design the layouts using the photos I supplied, then had them print and bind

the albums.

The quality of their design-work and albums has been exceedingly good. I like the fact that I can send 100+ images to Forbeyon and

have their designers come up with a creative design, then get them to tweak the design until I'm satisfied. That frees up a ton of my

time.

The albums are beautiful. I like to see the faces of my clients as they open their album for the first time and browse through the

pages.

All-in-all, I'm very happy with what I've received from Forbeyon.

wow thanks for all your quick responses!!

Dave- I appreciate your feedback. I have currently lowered my prices as I just relocated to a new area and am building up business/word of mouth. But yes, I'm constantly wrestling with setting prices... especially since EVERYONE is price conscious. We all need to make a living, after all, but it's tough to find that balance.

John- Thanks for the info. So Asuka is a lower quality alternative to the Zookbook or the Photobook? I'll check out Tuscany, too, although aren't their prices in Zookbinders' range?

Steve- Why do you think GraphiStudio is nicer than Asuka- just because more options in page sizes? I actually really like designing in CS3, but it helps that I have a design background. :)

David/Bill/Christopher- so would you say the structure of the Forbeyon books is comparable to Zookbooks in quality? (not referring to their design svcs) Because they seem to be a bit cheaper...

Thanks again!! Right now I'm leaning toward Asuka as a lower end option and Forbeyon as a higher end option, phasing out Zookbinders.