Trash the dress session. - looking for examples for inspiration

joe blase

I have a bride who I did her wedding this past June and now she wants to do a "trash the dress session". I have

seen some pictures of this but was wondering if you all can post some of your pictures of trash the dress sessions

you have done.

I have not done one of these and really think it is not the best thing to do but it is for a friend and will do it for her.

Thanks,

Joe

Trash the dress is really a great way for a photographer as an artist to really express their artistic ability and I think it's also a great way for a bride to truly be herself in a once in a lifetime experience. It's always good to reassure people that they don't have to literally trash their dress by going to the beach or standing in a fountain (although they turn out amazing!) A simple search for trash the dress sessions will give you some ideas! I'm currently working with my husband who is a full time wedding photographer (I like the assistant stuff for now!) and we've been discussing doing this and have had a few brides ask us about it and tell us their friends are interested. I don't see it as a huge profit thing but more so a way to build your portfolio and be extra artistic.

Some of the best examples I've seen are at www.altf.com. As David said, Google it and you will find an infinite number of examples. The best thing to do is discuss with the bride what she wants to do. You may also advise her to consult a dry cleaner about what is cleanable. I took a bride into the ocean and she said that everything came out fine.

I've only done one, and this may sound stupid, but it was such a liberating experience for both of us. It was like we were breaking some rule about proper treatment of a dress. You spend the wedding day being delicate and careful and then you just trash it. Like I said though, you can trash it without ruining it.

Sam

I am Chicago Trash The Dress at www dot chicagotrashthedress dot com. I jumped

on the TTD bandwagon early on and have done a bunch of them as part of wedding packages and for fun with brides who I

have met on line. I have a few videos from trash the dress shoots up on youtube. I love doing the TTD shoots. They allow

me to do things I want to do but my wedding day brides would never allow. My favorites are the water shoots. Here in

Chicago we have a small window to do the beach stuff in the water.

I hope you now realize since people have shared a few links that it is not about destroying the dress, but doing something that might not be okay on wedding day, allowing you to be more creative and maybe allow the bride to express more of who she is and what really makes her click. I know if someone were to ask me to do this, I would jump on the opportunity.