Alternative to Graphistudio in Europe?

witold_henszel

Hi,

I've been using blurb for my wedding photobooks for a while, but I am looking for something more stylish to

expand my offer. I got a sample pack from Graphistudio, and it does look impressive, but their bad customer

service is probably more famous than their albums...

Is there anybody offering similar service in Europe?

I don't mind designing the book myself, but I am looking for

paper/cover choice similar to that offered by graphi...

Cheers

Witold

I just got a 42 page album back (9.5 x 13) that was simply stunning (acrylic cover, thick pages, photo paper) and it only took 2 weeks. My cost was nearly $400, but again, the album had a good number of page spreads and it was a larger size.

I've had my share of communication problems with them, but in the end, it's all worked out. For some reason, they cannot charge my Bank of America Visa debit card with their banking system, it gets blocked or marked as fraudulent. They could charge a Chase Mastercard just fine, though, so that was frustrating.

I like them because their albums are really gorgeous and unique, and they offer many sizes and options that you can't get from places like Asukabook. And, their page spreads are lay-flat with no gutter.

You'll start seeing a discoloration, usually pink, in the crease of Graphi's albums over time. It's a problem with Kodak paper and it looks terrible. No point in a full page spread with a pink line through the middle of it. Graphi's response to the problem is basically....deal with it. I just talked to a number of photogs at a bridal fair and all of them reported the same problem. Many also report the pages splitting apart.

• 4 months later...