50D shots remaining?

neilpeters

Neil, I am assuming that you are shooting jpgs. An 8 gig card will store a lot of them, even at the highest resolution. If you are getting more than 1000 shots per card, you might consider using smaller, multiple cards. Cards go bad sometimes. That is a lot of shooting to trust to a single card. Even a 4 gig card yields about 200 RAW/large jpg shots on my 40D. I am not sure what you are shooting, but four 2 gig cards seems less risky than an 8 gig card and, for most applications, just as easy..

Anthony, he has the 8GB card already. As for large cards being risky, I suspect the risk compares well to the likelihood of

being struck by lightening or winning the lotto. In the 5 years I have shot digital I have yet to have a card go bad. Usually I

upgrade to a larger and faster card and the smaller, slower ones languish in a desk drawer. They never wear out!

Incidentally I have a bunch of 4GB cards and they only hold 167 50D images when empty. And that's gone really quick. So

an 8GB or 16 GB card is calling. A 2GB card would only 83 image capacity would be a pain in the arse...

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter