Purchasing used software

I see that Amazon has both new and used copies of a Photoshop software of which I am interested. If I were to get

a used copy(half the price of new), will I still need to register the product? If so, how does that work; since the

original purchaser probably did this a while ago---using the required registration number?

<p>You <i>must</i> get a Transfer of License certificate from the seller; without one, you aren't authorized to use the

software, qualify for upgrades, or get technical support from Adobe.</p>

<p>If it's a newer version which requires activation, you'll also be unable to even activate and use the software unless you

have that magic piece of paper.</p>

Im in the process of doing this now with Lightroom. Ive been using it since the beginning of July. I sent the Transfer of License form into Adobe but have had to do so 3 times and they finally just said they got it yesterday. This is only needed to get it registered in your name which is a good idea in case you need Adobe help or lose your hard drive and want Adobe to replace your software, or if you want to upgrade it later. As long as you get the serial number from the seller you can begin using right away, just make sure to get them to sign all the proper info on the transfer of license info including their Adobe customer number.