Books advice please :)

will_akandou

Hello

Could you help me to choose the good books? i'm looking for book talking about the wedding photogrphy... well, in

clear, i'm looking for one or many books that will cover all the aspects of wedding photography (from shooting,

to techniques like lightning, speedlite techniques, photojournalistic style etc., to how to make people feel

confortable and the way to tell them what i need them to do in some cases, the way to capture interesting candid

moments etc. ... everything)

I have checked a bit books on amazon.com (the deliver in france, that's why i need to buy there) but there is so

much that i don't know which one talk about the same thing, which ones are the best in their category etc.

I've read some reviews, but i would like some advices of pro wedding photographer who bought books like that.

Thank you

Hi Maikeul,

I have read these books which I think are great wedding books, lots of examples, very straight forward.

Wedding Photography Now! - Michelle Turner

Digital Wedding Photography - Glen Johnson

The Art Of Wedding Photography - Bambi Cantrell

I'm sure there are more but this is a good start.

Maikeul,

I second David Fong's recommendation of Glen Johnson's "Digital Wedding Photography: Capturing Beautiful Memories" - it does a great job of passing on the ins and outs of the job of the photographer on a typical wedding day, lots of great information.

• 2 weeks later...
Steve Sint's book is a bit corny and old-school, but he gives you good foundations including bread-and-butter things like posing. One of the things he stresses is that being a good wedding photographer is about more than being a good photographer.