Heinz Kilfitt Fern-Kilar 400mm F5.6 ...

erikbetti

I snagged one of these puppies for an absolute STEAL on eBay

( item # 140269484455 if you want to check it out ). From the research I've done, it seems like

these were insanely well made.

Anything I need to be aware of before I toss this sucker on my D300? Anyone use them or have sample images? Is

there any chance someone might know if/where there's a .PDF of the manual?

I'm going nuts waiting for this sucker to get here ... :)

Thanks!

-Erik

I have one of those and if you look on the web you can find a complete breakdown on when yours was made and who made it. I mounted mine to my D3 and set it up on a tripod and took pictures of some apartment buildings 1 mile away. The lens is sharp and the glass is a doublet configuration. The only potential problem is in the spiral focusing mechanism being difficult to turn. I have a screw on adapter that fits on the end of the lens and converts it to a Nikon mount. I don't know how to post a picture or I would show you. Good luck with yours.

I have a very nice one (looks like new) with Leica M mount SLR kit and beautiful leather case. It's great for a collection, but that's it as far as a half century old design lens goes.It's IQ doesn't even match a $100 Nikon 70-200mm with 2x. It's a lot of fun if you want that kind "old" looking picture.

• 1 month later...