Nikon too stingey to give out proper brochures

andrew_fedon

I never buy a product just because its brochure was nicely printed in bright colors. Most of the people do research online and then go out and buy a product, especially like D700. For some, brochures are collector's item. My kids used to collect comics too. Most of my (non-commercial) digital pictures are never printed. They just sit nicely on my computers,PS3 and few internet sites, for display to different audience.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people would be wrong then, Cap'n. They're probably associating paper production with clear-cutting rain

forests. It doesn't work that way. Trees used for paper production are farmed like any crop. The More Paper =

Less Trees statement was funny, tho'.

The tangibility factor is unlikely to go away any time soon. Many people want something they can hold in their

hands and mull over. Product brochures, catalogs and magazine features like the year-end camera roundup Modern

Photography once ran every December appeal to the fetishist in some of us.

If people were truly satisfied with only electronic equivalents, many of you would not own a camera. Instead,

you'd use Google Earth and make screen captures. Who needs a camera? Face it, you want a camera because it's

tangible, something you hold and can use to fuel your own imagination and illusory images. It's all part of the

same thing.