Kodak Plate Camera

A gentleman named Roger Smith has recently sent me a question about his Kodak plate camera. Unfortunately this

camera is not listed on my Kodak website nor in any references I have at hand so hopefully someone is able to help

him? Of course I will forward any ideas, questions and information directly to him but since I'm very curious by

nature, I also would like to know which camera this is.

--

The camera is smaller than any Kodak folding camera I've seen. It used sheet film holders 7cm x 10.5cm. Inside

the back cover is a stamped number, 32322. On the outside of the back cover is a patent reference

"U.S.A. Pat.Nov.10-03". The lens board has a patent reference "Ball Bearing Pat'd. Jan.18, 1910". The bellows pulls

out manually (no linkage) and the lens board slots into one of two positions, "6 to 20 feet" and "greater than 20 ft."

The diaphragm openings are defined 1, 2, 3, 4 rather than as ƒ stops. The shutter has 1/25th, B, T and

1/50th. The bellows is red leather. There is a simple optical framing aid on the side of the body with a peep sight

and a mild diopter with cross hairs. The case is covered with black leather. It shows little wear but one corner of the

back cover is loose and needs to be re-glued. The front cover has a folding leg to support the front of

the camera level when open and standing on a flat surface.

---

I will add some pictures in the following posts... the pictures will be resized but not much detail is lost, the originals

are pretty grainy.<div>00Qyra-73621584.jpg.9769ab9b9f6583b0a5ecd58b5038030c.jpg</div>

Jack, thank you for the fast answer! It indeed seems to fit and I even have some information on the website:

<br><br>

<a href="http://kodak.3106.net/index.php?p=213&cam=1494">Kodak Premoette Junior No.1</a>

<br><br>

<a href="http://kodak.3106.net/index.php?p=512">Film Packs</a>

<br><br>

Missed the film pack option completely, my fault. McKeown's Kodak Booklet does not have any references to the Premoettes and my other references don't have any pictures. Hhhmmm, might be time to go out and buy the full McKeown :o)

<br><br>

thanks again for the fast answer!