Olympus E520

ryan_davidson

So i just got the 520 with the Zuiko 14-42mm and the Zuiko 40-150mm and wait for it.... wait, 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5

Zuiko ED Digital. The 14-54 being my favorite lens so far. Its by far better made then the other two and has not

really come off my 520 since getting it. I also got a 67mm Hoya SUPER HMC (Hoya Multicoated) UV(0) Filter just to

protect and well do what i needs to do for this lens and my picts. So I have read the reviews and I am very

stunned by the pictures this camera takes, this is my first DSLR and I cannot wait to learn what I can to get

better. i have a few books I am reading "Digital Nature Photography" by Jim Miotke and "Understanding Exposure

Rev" by Bryan Peterson. So far so good. i just wanted to post on here and see what others have thought about

this camera. thanks Ryan

I'm two generations back with the E-500, but it's a very good camera to learn on and comes with a pretty extensive set of features. But do keep in mind that it is listed as an entry level camera. Not that you can't take exceptional photos, you can. I have Peterson's book. It's really good. I just read it again. also go to this web site,

http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/43/index.html

He has the most extensive site on the Olympus line than anyone else I've found.

I'm one generation back with the 510 and the two kit lenses plus the 70-300 and the 35 macro. Way back in the day, i had an OM-1 and a collection of lenses. Dropped out for a while and earlier this year decided it was time to get into digital. Did a lot of research but ended up again with Olympus. I have been very pleased and also use the 14-42 more than the 40-150. The 70-300 ain't bad either for the price. However, I have my eye on the 12-60!

I'm also one generation back with the 510 and the Zuiko 14-54 lens. This is a great combination, and produces excellent photos. I'm also experimenting with a M42 to 4/3 adapter and my older SLR lenses, and have had some success with this approach. I think the 510/520 cameras are a great value when one is seriously entering the digital field.

I am also a happy E510 user and I would like to try thos semipro lenses but I think it is goind to be to addictive!

I never found a good article on resizing pictures for internet and I will be interested. For thrmoment I use the free resize tool from digital BD sizer 2.2.4

Herman

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought an E-520 recently, but I got the 12-60mm lens as I wanted a single lens to cover the range of focal lengths I use with 4x5. I'm very impressed with the quality of the lens and the rendering of the camera. I took this image

http://thewildlight.wordpress.com/2008/09/29/weavers-needle-superstitions/

recently and am very pleased with it. So much so, I'm going to see what a 22x28" print looks like. I don't expect 4x5 quality, but when I want that, I'll shoot 4x5.

• 2 weeks later...
RE. resizing.I doubt it is very different in Elements but heres what I do in Photoshop.Click Image---Image size--- change resolution to 72,change longest dimension pixels to 800, I make it 700 for a vertical pic.Constrain proportions and resample image should be ticked.click OK.save to your preffered folder.Hope this helps,regards