Santa Fe

hernan_navarro

Although you may use your wide angles primarily, I would take along the 70-200 as there will be opportunities to isolate subjects

and I think something longer than 35mm would come in handy (for example, on the square in SF, you might appreciate the longer

zoom). Unless you want to go with only one lens, I think the 12-24 and 35 combo, along with the 70-200 would be a much better

alternative than the 16-85. St. Francis at Ranchos de Taos is a natural for your wides, but there are many opportunities in SF and

Taos for your longer zoom. Enjoy the great NM light!

I was in Sante Fe in June and did fine with my D200/16-85VR combo. There isn't much moving, so the VR did the job a faster lens is

typically called upon for That was mostly day shooting. There were times I needed something wider, so your 12-24 will come in

handy for, especially for interiors. I can see where the tele-zoom might be good for architectural details or landscapes, but lugging it

around would get old PDQ. I'd probably leave it at home.<div>00QxJY-73069584.jpg.1699ec480f096170c6f9ccd2e4618d8b.jpg</div>

FWIW, I live here and the two lenses I most frequently have on my D300 when I am out and about are the 24-70/2.8 and 70-

200/2.8 VR. Don't forget your lens hoods and polarizing filters. On Indian reservations where photography is allowed, it can

be considered bad form to photograph a resident without permission.

The morning and evening light this time of year (as well as the weather) has been perfect. Have a great visit!