D300 SLR Nikon camera

juan_a._gayoso

I would recommend the following accessories for your D300:

1. A carbon-fiber tripod with a quality ball-head that has an Arca-Swiss style clamp *PLUS* an Arca-Swiss compatible L-

Plate for your D300. The carbon-fiber tripod legs don't have to be a Gitzo, but can also be a high-quality Slik, Velbon, or

Manfrotto carbon-fiber legs. For the ball-head and L-bracket, both Really Right Stuff and Kirk Enterprises manufacture

excellent ones.

2. An MC-30 or MC-36 Remote Trigger Release Cord

3. Extra batteries and flash cards

4. A SC-29 Off-Camera AF TTL Cord for your Nikon Speedlight flash.

5. A bubble level if you're going to shoot landscapes.

6. A macro lens if your going to shoot close-up of flowers or insects.

7. A circular polarizing filter

Regardless if you use a VR (vibration reduction) lens, you still should own and use a tripod whenever it's possible. A

camera mounted on a sturdy tripod will always take sharper photos than a camera that's handheld, even one that has a

VR lens attached.

Also a tripod is useful for other things than keeping your camera steady. It's helpful for composing a shot and then fine-

tuning your camera settings while keeping the composition of your shot exactly the same. It's also helpful (along with a

bubble level) for keeping your horizons level when shooting landscapes.

A tripod is a necessary accessory for many types of photography.

'Many' types of photography being the operative word. It entirely depends what kind of photography you are going to do. I'm

not doing huge prints of landscapes or studio portraits so I don't need razor sharpness: for me it's more important to have

the camera with me as often as possible and to frame and shoot quickly. The point I'm making is that you don't need a lot

of kit to use the camera effectively, and you should buy accessories as and when you find you need them.