omega view vs toyo view, lens board question

golden

Toyos have 2 different lens board sizes, 110mm square (for the 45A field and some of the later monorail cameras)

and 158mm square, used by the original Toyo D45M, Toyo/Omega 45C, 45D, E, F and G (4x5 and 8x10), I'm sure I

missed some of the less common or really new cameras, but the lensboards are pretty common, KEH always has a pile

of used ones.

The Omega name came about when Omega Sattler was the importer, I have had both Toyo 45 series cameras and

correstpondig Omegas, other than the label, there's no difference.

The easiest way (if you are planning on other cameras) is to mount everything on 4x4 lensboards and then get a

Toyo to 4x4 adapter, keeps the lens carrying case smaller. In fact, if you have a Bass pro shops near you, they

have a padded reel case for $20 that works very well for most 4x5 lenses mounted on 4x4 boards.

erie

Erie Patsellis has the correct answer. The Omegas were usually of lower cost, had some lower quality components

and thus lower functionality, but still used the same lens boards, etc.. In particular, I think there was only

one version of the Omegas that had interchangeable standards and bellows, while the Toyos are generally full

system cameras where a 4x5 ( e.g., the 45C) can be converted to other formats such as 5x7 and I suppose also 8x10

if you wish to use the short rail.