Nikon D70 - PC problem

naz_nazin

I have a nikon D70 that didnt give me any problems before. Lately it has some problem uploading the images to

the PC whereby the PC could not detect the tranfer when i swictch on the camera and plug to the computer.

Later the camera just shows "PC" and even tough you switch to any mode or press any button it remained

at "PC" What is the problem? is this manufacturing defect? The camera was never dropped or suffered any

impact. Has nikon deliberately design a camera to last a few years only and self destruct?

Naz

KL, Malaysia

Have you checked the transfer mode setting? It is either USB (or mass storage) or PPTP, and it must be USB to

work with a computer (in my experience). The other setting is for connecting the camera directly to a pictbridge

printer (and possibly for remote control from a PC).

I have a D70s and I've never heard of this type of problem.

I don't believe Nikon build this type of obsolence into their products

Andy

I always remove my CF cards and transfer the images to my PC via a USB card reader. It's faster and there's no

drain on the camera battery. I suggest trying this method. If I want to actually tether the PC to my D70, I use

Nikon Camera Capture Camera Control to control operations. This dated version came bundled with Capture (v4)

software back when the D70 was released. The newer version (Nikon Camera Control Pro) is a stand alone product.