Eyecup for Pentax 645NII

lee_travis1

Greetings all: I have the large eyecup for my 645NII, and I find it to be less than helpful in blocking direct

sidelighting. Does anyone have suggestions for an alternative eyecup, preferably large, soft, and conforming to the

eye, similar to the Pentax 67 eyecup? Thanks for the help, Lee Travis

I had the same problem and for a while used a Nikon DK-3 (for Nikon F3). This eyecup is more cup shaped than the Pentax offering, and made of softer rubber so fits around the eye better. Unfortunately the fit is a bit loose and eventually it got knocked off and I lost it. I'm back to using the large 645 eyecup.

My pentax 645n came with the standard small stock eyecup. I unscrewed the rubber part and put on a Konica rubber eye cup made by Soligar and then rescrewed on the original eyecup. Works perfect, looks perfect. I didn't have the large Pentax eyecup to deal with and the your Pentax parts may not be the same. This Konica eye cup is currently available on ebay sold by Cambrige photo for $9.99. I would post a picture but I just sent my 645n to Pentax to see if it is repairable after it took a big fall on the prism. Look at photos of the stock 645 eye cup and see how it compares to yours. If you don't have the right rubber ring, you can order the part from Pentax in Colorado. Prior to this, I tried the Nikon rubber eye cup and that didn't even come close to working for me. Regards, TD