What do you use to carry your kits in?

jim_bougioukos

Hello all,

I have been shooting weddings this summer as an assistant, and I am hoping to start shooting on my own next

year.

My question is what kinds of cases do you use to carry your equipment to the weddings?

Right now I have been using a Lowe backpack, but I have accumulated enough lenses, flash units, beacket, and

other equipment that I am thinking of getting a carry on airline type case to keep everything in, and possible a cable

lock, so it doesnt get stolen while I am walking around shooting.

What do you use?

Thanks,

Jim.

Consider a Pelican case. You can use padlocks, you can put them in the pouring raing or spill cheap champagne on them, and you can jump up and down on them.

That's how I haul my gear around, and then I load the pieces I need on my body into one or another rig made up of Think Tank modular bags/belts/holsters and whatnot.

Do some searches. Lots of previous threads, some with photos. I use a hard case I got cheap from B&H about 6 or 7 years ago--still going strong. It is on wheels. I also do things modularly. So I have duffel bag with another off camera flash, stand and umbrella in it, as well as what I call my "church bag", which has a tripod, taller stand and bigger umbrella in it. Then I have my small step ladder and my shoulder bag and small over the neck bag. I also have a belt that I use sometimes. I use alarmed cable locks for my cases, but certain bags--like my church bag and duffel bag, may go uncabled--I just risk their possible loss. My shoulder bag is never out of my sight and my neck bag is always on me (in addition to my cameras).

I have a rolling suitcase that I installed pic abd pluck foam inserts that I customised to the equipment that I currently have. Don't toss what you pluck. You can always reinstall and recustomer for new equipment. I carry 2 Nikon D300 bodies, 2 SB800 flashs, 2 Quantum batery packs, 17-55 and 24-135 lens( room for a 70-200 if needed) Plastic case case with all cables(2 of each) a few sets of batteries for he flashes( in case the quantums fail) Room for bracket, Case with misc memory cards, and if I need to take the lap top, it unzipz around the top to allow about 1 1/2 inch extra room. Will fit in overhead on a plane also.,

For weddings I use a large Photoflex shoulder bag that holds 2 bodies, 6 lenses, 3 speedlites, and the usual assortment of junk. It's old and I have had to repair parts of it, but it carries everything I need it to, and I'm too cheap to replace it. Tripod, light stands & umbrellas are packed in a rolling airline style golf case that I picked up at a garage sale or $10. I shoot with a belt pack and flash bracket, so those have to fit in the golf case as well. I like rolling cases.

• 2 weeks later...