Seeking wedding photographer referrals for a wedding in London

majid

I am getting married in London on November 9th, and I am looking for a photographer who shoots both digital and

color film (ideally MF rangefinder style like a Mamiya 7). It is going to be an Indian style wedding. My key

other key requirement, besides the film/digital duality, is to have access to the RAW files (and a copyright

release, of course).

<p>

It seems really difficult to find wedding photographers who will still shoot film. I understand why, of course,

but a good silver print is a thing of beauty with proven archival properties to boot, and I am a

belts-and-suspenders kind of guy. If no one shoots both formats, is it OK to hire two photographers, one for film

and one for digital, or would they interfere with one another?

<p>

I have collected useful information from <a href="http://www.photo.net/wedding-photography-forum/00Hrz1">this other

thread</a>, and was wondering if there is a site in the UK similar to Yelp where one can read independent reviews

of photographers?

You will not find a photographer of any caliber willing to give up the RAW files and the copyright release. You will find a "shoot and burn" photographer who can't be bothered with the end product and just wants/needs the experience.

The MF film photographer I know shoots on average 120 images per wedding. Unless you plan on 30x40 wall prints you will not see the difference. After a recent wedding the lab ruined 4 rolls so she had about 60 images total for the bride and groom.

Digital images can be converted to film and printed on standard papers. Unless the prints are properly processed and printed on the proper paper and mounted properly their expected life will actually be much shorter than with prints made using an inkjet printer and pigment inks.

With all the stipulations you seem to be less concerned about the quality of the photography and more concerned with control over the images. This is not likely to produce great results but if you do not really care about the quality of the photography go for it.

Jeff Ascough wasn't under consideration anyway (far beyond my budget), and he is certainly entitled to his

opinions or policies concerning points 1), 2) and 3), but just to clarify point 4), I am not asking for the

photographer to assign copyright to me, just to grant me an unlimited license. The photographer retains the

copyright. I believe European law recognizes a notion of "moral rights" that are not cessible, unlike the US with

its permissive "work for hire" statutes.

Thanks to all who provided constructive feedback and recommendations. I now have promising leads I am following

up on.

Hello. I am willing to surrender my RAW files at an additional cost however, and shoot both film and digital - we are allways in two on the weddings we shoot (me and my girlfriend photographer).

Although we are from Slovenia we are sure that prices over here are very low comparable to UK wedding shooters. Give us a try for the quote.

Our business is a respectable one in our country.

You can look for some sample work at www dot boomfoto dot com.

For additional questions, samples and pricing please contact me at vatovec at gmail dpt com or david at boomfoto dot com.