35mm f/2 'Sticks' When Attaching

adam_tomaszewski

After many weeks of debates off another thread I had, I purchased my first prime for my 40D. The 35mm f/2. I am

very pleased with this lens as far as IQ, vignette, speed, etc. Actually, since I've been shooting with it for about 400

clicks I have only one issue with it ...

When attaching it to the mount on my 40D it comes about half-way through its rotation and then becomes difficult to

turn. Same for removing, the first half of it's rotation is difficult then it becomes smooth. Not so much I need to use

excessive force but picture (a bad pun? :] ) the feeling of free twisting it on then you encounter a piece of cardboard

in the mount and it twists but it requires effort. I do not have this problem with my 28-135mm kit or the 10-22mm

Canon lenses. I also do not show any lines or marks that indicate excessive metal-metal contact.

I couldn't find this being an issue on the boards. I'm a bit worried as I'd rather not ruin my 40D or my lens... Any

thoughts?

Mine does the same thing also. I figure they got the lens to camera tolerance a little tighter than on most other lenses.

I have other lenses that actually twist a little on the mount, even when 'locked' onto the body.

As I didn't see any negative effects either way, I stopped worrying about it...

Brian