Portland,OR... looking for sites for kid's

I am a portland photographer who is new to the game and well looking for some great location ideas rt now for

fall backgrounds that are beautiful and lush. i have a photo shoot on friday and saturday..

the friday client has a one yr old that envisions something along the lines of fall and earthy which is a

creative heaven bc i love that feel.

and the saturday client has a 3 yr old daughter who loves to dress up as a princess and is very intrigues with

water and ducks.. so i was hoping to hear any suggestion if any of you are in the area.. i guess i am hoping to

be enlightened on the subject of on location candid relationship photography in the portland,OR area... any

thoughts??

nichole

It's too early for fall in Portland, but you might want to take a look at the Crystal Springs Rhododendron garden on 28th. http://www.portlandonline.com/parks/finder/index.cfm?PropertyID=27&action=ViewPark

You can also look at the Japanese and Chinese gardens as well but I'm not sure what any of them look like this late in the year.

http://www.japanesegarden.com/visiting/

http://www.portlandchinesegarden.org/

i knew for sure that it was way to early for fall i was just hoping that anyone else had encountered this before and had suggestions to manipulate the look and feel or fall in the early stages with it being almost september and all. i know that the japanese gardens did say that they do not let photographers do portrait photography... unless you know how to go about this im all ears i know that i do love the rose gardens as a nice alternative.. i just didnt want to re use this option since i did this last month with a toddler little girl. i will look into the portland parks and rec site to see what laurelyhurst offers.

I do know that at one time the city of Portland required a photographer to get a permit for a professional photo shoot at the

park but I think this is if you plan on bringing a lot of lighting and equipment that would interfere with others enjoyment of

the park. It's unlikely they'd notice if it was just you, your camera and the child but you might check anyway.

Westmorland Park in SE portland can be a great place to shoot kids. Johnson Creek and Tideman Creek both run

through the park and are shallow and slow moving with lots of ducks. Just bring some stale bread and they will

come swarming!! There are a few small bridges that span the creeks and there are trees along the banks of the

creek that add some great scenery to the picture (although it's a little early for them to be changing colors yet).