Please help! 150 Sonnar C lense stuck on 500ELX.

karim_chehimi1

So i just purchased a new 150 lense for my hassie and it is now stuck on the body.

I made sure that the body was cocked and that the lense was cock as well.

I removed the back and and pushed the curtain down and the winding screw is in the proper position. How do I get my lense off?

K-

Did you try to fire the camera and the lens shutter didn't totally fire? Are you certain that you have fully

wound the camera? Both situations can cause the lens to temporarily lock. First check the fully wound

situation. Then.......

Try holding the lens release button down firmly and then gently rock the lens back and forth several times. That

has worked for me. Once in a great while, I've had a lens actually trigger while I was mounting it to the

camera, causing this kind of jamb. Take a look into the front of the lens and see if the shutter is closed or

partially closed. That indicates either a partial firing or a partial wind. If so, the rocking may help.

Another thing to try needs a second pair of hands. You hold the camera and use a small screwdriver from the

opened back on the body screw (again rocking back and forth) while the second person rocks the lens as described.

Something has got to be holding this in place so one or the other technique may release the problem.

Good luck.

Glad it worked so easily. I've used several Blads since the early seventies and this has happened on very rare

occasion (maybe 6 or 7 times) so I I just played with the second one that this happened to until it worked loose

and learned from that. I'm pleased it worked so easily for you. If it keeps happening, that would indicate an

alignment problem that a factory approved repair person should take a look at, both lens and body. Fantastic

cameras!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
I have had this happen twice. The first time I was able to get the lens off after a few Oh S**t! moments. What I have observed when this happened with an old body is that if the body is worn the small slotted lens winding cam does not return fully in the cocked state (that slot ends up not perfectly horizontal) and hits the lens when you put it on and trips the shutter--- now you have a tripped lens on a non-fired body. To my knowledge this is a body issue. The second time my loving pet dalmatian thought I had some protein bars in my camera bag (I did not witness the incident, but the bag was on the floor several feet away from where I left it) and my 60mm C lens was hopelessly stuck on a 500 C/M-- that resulted in a trip to David Odess for resolution-- he really worked on getting them separated and then serviced both.

Both a problem with the body and the lens can be the cause for this unhappy incident.

Though I would put my money on the lens as the cause for this.

EL/M/X bodies are very well constructed. Some older ones may be a bit noisy but always reliable performers.

A problem with the lock on the winding shaft of the lens is most likely.