One M8 battery not fully recharging

Alex_Es

Anyone had this problem? You are recharging your M8 battery and after a few minutes the little charging indicator light goes off, meaning it

is done. You put the battery back into your M8 and it is barely charged. With some fiddling--switching the recharger off and putting the

battery back in--I've got the battery three-quarters charged. My other two batteries are fine, so it is not the recharger's fault.

If you have dealt with this problem please share your experience.

It depends on how many times you've re-charged it during the last twenty months, not necessarily the length of time you've had it. I go through this with mobile phone batts and laptop batts. When you start buying spares to replace the original batt that shipped with your camera/phone/notebook, number them all so you can spot the one that is likely to crap out first.

Alex, this can occur when the internal meter circuit on the battery is off calibration. I solved the problem by force discharging the battery completely. That means set the camera to run continually and let it sit for 5-6 hours. Then try firing the shutter until it not only stops running but the LCD counter window is also blank. At this poing your battery can be recharged overnight and will charge completely.

Best wishes

Dan