Live View Mode D300

stevesmith1

Good morning all,

I just can not seem to get my head around setting up the 'live view mode' on my D300.

I have my release mode set on LV I have changed the settings in the menu to handheld and release mode to single

frame but I can not get anything to appear on the rear LCD.

Can someone please point me in the direction as to what I am doing wrong - probably something really simple.

Thank you in advance

Steve

After you have selected the proper mode (Lv) and options (via menu), you'd have to press the shutter release all the way down (mirror will flip-up and the image will appear on the back LCD, Then half-press the release button to focus (image will temporary dissapear as the mirror goes down again) and finally press it all the way (again) to take the photo.

It's a 3-steps method, as oppose to the 2-steps method involved in tripod mode. And yes, I agree Nikon could just spear us of the first step; ideally the image would appear the moment we access the Lv Mode.

i've been probably least impressed by live mode out of any of the D300's features. the half-press then full press mode was a bit confusing for me too. once i figured it out, i was like, "eh...ok." i could see it being helpful for certain types of shooting, like macro, but its far from fully realized as far as how it's implemented in the d300. oh well, at least that leaves some room for improving this camera.