Wedding photoshoot locations in NJ

yurkom

We are shooting a wedding in September in central Jersey, Linden area. B&G have not decided on the photoshoot

location after the ceremony yet. They will have about three hours between the ceremony and the reception and they

would like to have either a park/botanical garden setting or maybe a beach as well as some old architecture or even

some urban setting on the background.

We've done some nice shots in Liberty State Park, where you have plenty of the urban/city background but there

isn't really much in terms of gardens or even a park per se. Or we could take them over to Brooklyn/Manhattan

bridge but again, not much of trees and/or flowers there.

Is there a place in NJ that has it all? Has anyone had similar questions? Any recommendations would be greatly

appreciated.

Thanks.

South Mountain Reservation and/or Wachung Reservation have some nice "outdoorsy" opportunities.

Fort Wadsworth under the NJ end of the Verazanno Narrows Bridge has some nice old building and backgrounds. It's

not too far from Linden down I-278.

A bit further away is Floyd Bennett Field (about 40 minutes away). That has a combination of great old

architecture and nature (part of the old airport is a nature preserve).

It's a bit far away (about an hour drive), but the beach at Sandy Hook is fun, and the military stuff at the

north-end of the peninsula certainly qualifies as "old architecture".

Grounds for Sculpture is gorgeous, but it's about an hour from Linden, if there's not much traffic. Also, you won't get the urban look, there.<p>Here's a link to an article about green space in JC; I think I used to drive past Hamilton Park on my way to work; it's small, but there are certainly trees. Hope it helps.<a href="http://www.hudsonreporter.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14587546&BRD=1291&PAG=461&dept_id=523595&rfi=6">link</a>

Mmm, Geoff. Verrazanon Bridge connects Staten Island NY and Brooklyn NY.

Ft. Wadsworth is in Staten Island NY, lived there a couple years ago, didn't have a chance to see it. I have to check it out soon, thanks for the tip.

Floyd Bennett Field is also in Staten Island.

I am not sure if Branch brook park in Newark is too far for you, maybe about 30 minutes if you take GSP north, maybe less, only about 12 miles. It has everything you need, especially if you take the place across the cathedral. the park itself stretches to the north, so you might want to go there and pick your location.

A Novisto, "Verrazanon Bridge connects Staten Island NY and Brooklyn NY."

D'oh! I knew that... :-(

Pujo Agustiyanto, "I am not sure if Branch brook park in Newark..."

I was also thinking of that; I'd forgotten about the Cathedral - that might make a nice background.