Feisol in Shanghai

anatole

I had expected to be able to find Feisol in Shanghai, but having been to several camera shops, I have yet to have any

luck. Everybody seems to stock Benro, Velbon, Manfrotto and Gitzo...but no Feisol! They don't even recognise the

brand (although I don't know the Chinese name for it). Has anybody managed to buy Feisol tripods in Shanghai, or

China at that?

Cheers,

Anatole

Feisol don't seem to have any agencies here in Australia so I purchased mine online.

I made several enquiries and got prompt accurate and courteous replies from Michael at http://www.feisol.net/

When I purchased the freight was quite reasonable (US$45) and it was to me in a week (much quicker than a number of other suppliers that I have dealt with in the US.

I am very happy with the product and a few of my friends have had similar satisfaction following my experience.

I highly recommend Feisol.

BTW they are available on eBay but I preferred to buy through the distributor.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I asked Feisol themselves whether they had a distributor in Shanghai, and they said now; I just expected that there would be some 'unofficial' distributor - I'm sure most of the photo shops in China aren't official distributors for their various products.

I'll probably get it off the internet, as I live in the UK; I really just wanted to try out the tripods myselves before I commit to buying one. Thanks for your help anyway - Feisol does seem to have a very good reputation with its more recent tripods.

Anatole

Anatole,

I had good service from Fiesol's UK agent - John Nevill at www.feisoluk.com. He was prompt in answering a couple of questions before I purchased, and the service & delivery was very quick once I ordered. I bought a set of 3441s legs and so far I'm pleased with them, although haven't really pushed them yet.

Hugh