Filter for Summicron C

juan_bonet

Takes a 39mm .75mm pitch instead of the common 39mm .5 pitch thread that all the other Leica lenses use. The result is it you would need special made filters or screw in a common pitch one a partial turn or have a custom made adapter (S K Grimes).

The shade is a special screw in same odd size and filters do not fit inside it. There is no recessed groove to accept clip on shades.

"What kind of filter can fit on the 2/40mm Summicron C with the original rubber hood? What size?" Series 5.5

These are very hard to find.They have no thread and are 35.9 mm in diameter. An easy hack is to buy 37mm or 39mm filters. Remove glass from ring. Place the glass behind lenshood with o-ring as a space filler.

Juan, the series 5.5 filters are held in front of the lens and behind the hood. The hood screws in, capturing the filter in between hood and lens. That said, two things caused me to change my approach to this. One, new series 5.5 filters got hard to find. And two, the rubber came off my screw-in hood. So I gently screwed a 39mm filter into the lens and gently screwed the hood into the filter. If you screw them in finger-tight, they'll stay in place and not damage the threads. A side benefit is that the hood is extended, making up of the missing rubber. Makes a very effective hood.

Juan, the Series 5.5 filter goes behind the hood, as Jim said. As far as I remember, the hood has no frontal thread to hold anything in front of it.

In an old thread, I remember other forum member said that new Nikon 39mm filters, designed to mount on the back of their larger lenses, have the same 39x0.75mm thread.

No, like Marcel says, the front of the rubber hood has no threads. Series filters are simply a glass element held in a non-threaded metal ring. They are simply sandwiched in between a lens and a series filter holder, which in the case of the CL is the lens hood itself.