Suspiciously low prices...

alip

Whoa! I just found an Evolt 300 body for $185! That can't be legit, can it? I know it's four years old, but

still! Also the same camera with a Zuiko 14-45mm f/3.5-5.6 lens for $345. Both are claimed to be new. Does

this make sense?

I noticed the checkout was through Amazon. Any thoughts?

- Ali S. Pracha

Syracuse, NY

What is so surprising about it? It's pre-historic, wasn't deemed a good camera at the time, even by Oly fanboys.

The succeeding e-330 was generally seen as much better - try getting that at Cameta, shouldn't be much if any

dearer. The lens, too, is an older incarnation of the current kit-lens. Which costs you 220$ new, so charging

160$ on remainder stock is what I'd expect. That being said, if it seems a good price for you, go for it.

Hendrik

Just a quick follow-up... B and H (whom I trust) has the same camera - USED for $369 w/lens.

and that is NOT Amazon.com... It is a spoof of their storefront / style to get you to think it's amazon. Go to www.amazon.com and search for evolt 300 - You won't find anything less than $449 - USED!

Dave

I must be one of the lucky ones. My 14-45 has been a very good lens. No, it's not great, but I've seen comparisons of the 14-45, 14-54 and 14-42 lenses where real subjects were used not resolution targets. There was very little difference until the magnification reached 15 times.

Before coming to E series (E500) I read a lot of reviews and bought the 14-54 almost immediately after the E500 and the kit lens. Did not use it much, but took it out to beaches and rough conditions when I did not want to take the risk of spoiling the 14-54.

I was quite surprised with the quality to what I had read. Though 14-54 wins, but with a narrow margin, 14-45 is almost as good as the 14-54.

E 500 I have is a very good camera, haven't used 330/300 and you get these cheap nowdays.