Critique?

julie_g.

Good exposure and composition looks good.

Have you shot a wedding before? Assisted? I hope you are aware that shooting an "informal picnic" (candids), is significantly different from shooting a wedding. Let alone shooting 2 weddings in one weekend.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

I hadn't noticed major problems with white balance. Could you give an example of a photo where the green cast is

obvious?

I have experience photographing weddings, don't worry :). Also, I am only going to be the second shooter at the ones

this coming weekend. But, I love to get feedback from each shoot as I'm developing as a photographer, even the

informal candid ones, so that I can improve each time. So, the more feedback the better!

You have some nice candid shots in there! I think experimenting with depth of field a little more would be a good step. It'll help place extra emphasis on your foreground subjects, and make the backgrounds less distracting.

We're all developing photographers, in my humble opinion, as we all continue to learn new methods and ideas! :)

Best of luck to you on your second-shooting this weekend!

The candids are ok, but to be honest with you most people do not buy candids. I realize you did this for free. Maybe next time try creative posing. This is also a flattering way of getting everyone looking their best and in the future if you decide to start charging actual money, your portrait sales will by far out sell candids many times over.