Lubricating and adjusting a Leica M3 in Spain

Its been 2 years since I left Madrid, but here it goes:

When I called disefoto they told me they don't do it themselves, they send it to leica Germany and price quotation for my M3s CLA was around 700e more or less (not a sure figure till they see the camera over there). In that occasion I sent it to DAG in the US, did a great job. Never better, that M3 still ticks in the hands of a good friend of mine.

Afterward I had to CLA an M4 and M4-2, didn't want to spend the over 400$ the M3 cost with shipping and all. I was recommended a place in calle carretas 12, don't remember the name, it took them 6 weeks and 4 visits to assemble the RF correctly after I managed to convince them that its not the way it supposed to be when you see fussy in the RF patch, even then it would shift up and down when focusing from CU to infinity. Same place messed up my mamiya 6mf, never focused correctly again.

The M4-2 was sent to a place next to palacio de la moneda, cornering doctor esquerdo st. again, zero knowledge about the camera. Charged 150e to realign the RF, had to give it 3 tries till he did it right. on he's behalf I should say he did a surprisingly good job on cleaning a 50/1.2 canon lens.

After 5 M's and some madrid repair facilities (these are only some experiences) I decided that if the camera is worth it, send it somewhere outside. I had more miss happens with other cameras and facilities, and cant say there is one in Madrid I trust my cameras with.

Hi why don't you check repairpersons in France?

You have the great former Leica-France guy Denis Horvat in the Paris area (did a great job on my M3's)

http://www.summilux.net/ccl/reparateur.php?id=2

Or closer to you in the Bordeaux area Marc Nicolas

ht tp://www.summilux.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=198080

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/nicorep/uk/page_uk.htm

No need to send it to Leica in Germany. 700 Euros is about 3 times the price of a complete CLA..

Yo tengo una M6 y aun no le he hecho ningun CLA, pero sí que me han arreglado una Rolleiflex en Fotocasion, habla con José Luis Mur, que deben tener un mecánico de confianza.

Si no quieres usar el servicio técnico oficial, puede que te lo solucionen. A mi me la dejaron bien, y me costó 90 euros arreglar el arrastre.

Suerte.