1st MF and b/w infrared ....Bronica S2

gchevers

I am only a beginner to medium format.

I have been wanting to get back in the darkroom, I just miss it..you know. But, I want to go with big prints..

I also want to play around with some different processing and stuff. I will shoot 99.9% B/W. I also love infrared film and I

don't want to spend more than $500-700 bucks. I'll be shooting just about everything from portraits to landscapes.

A friend has an old Bronica S2 and I really like everything I've seen him do with his. The only thing is, he only scans his

negatives and prints them with an inkjet. I love working with fiber paper and there is nothing like seeing that image

magically appear when you drop the paper in the developer! Plus, no comparision with tradition b/w prints(I'm sure

someone will disagree).

Anyways..Bronica S2...or does someone think I should go another route. Remember, I want to be able to shoot b/w

infrared film and I don't want a fixed lens camera.

Thanks in advance

I shoot some B&W infrared from time to time using my Pentax 6x7. I prefer the 6x7 over a 6x6 because it allows for both landscape and portrait orientations. But the Bronica is a nice way to get started. It has a slightly higher flash sync than the Pentax, and interchangeable backs are handy. <br><br>

I use Efke 820 film with an 89B filter for most of my work now. The results are good but it is quite slow (ISO 1.5 or so with the filter). Regards.,