Loose 15mm....

I have a 15mm super wide-heliar 4.5, with a very loose shade. It's the jagged part with the black ring with all

the text on it attached to it. When I attach my Millich adaptor and filter, it rattles a lot, and i fear loosing it.

Anyone knows how to re-attach it/tighten the screws or......?

The rest of the lens is perfectly assembled.

Thanks......

It was a while ago that I did this, so I may not be remembering exactly right, but you come in from the front, not the back.

The engraved name ring is glued on with four spots of glue, and pops off by prying. Behind that is a lock ring, and I think I remember that loosening the lock ring removes something(the front element group, perhaps) that allows you to access four largish screws facing forward that hold the hood on (the hood is shaped like a tin can with a hole in the bottom, and the screws are around the edge of the bottom of the can, outside the hole, but facing forwards, not sideways). It scared me a bit to go in, but turned out to not be a big deal.

The way it's all put together, the hood can get very, very loose before it falls off, and I think even then everything will be trapped, so you won't lose any parts, so you may want to wait until you hear a screw rattling around inside, and then send it off for repair, if you don't want to dig in, yourself.

This lens is very cheaply made, cheap not mean quality. The focus helical has lousy quality control, not tightly fit.

for looseing lens shade

1. use a blade to pry off the brand name ring, as said in the above post it was glued on (cheap)

2. use a spenner to take off the front lens group

3. There srte three screws hold the shade (cheaply made, lousy quality)

You get what you paid for.