Is this reputable place to buy a filter?

jennifer ann

I can't find anything alarming about hvStar.com. They are Canadian. (are you in Canada?). I suspect, though, that either it's a mistake (in which case you could capitalize if you're not above that), or it's not really the same filter. Can you post links from both Adorama and hvStar?

They are in HK, also has ebay store.

Seem to have decent reputation. I bought from them once, no issuee.

Shipping time to US is about 2 weeks though, so if your're not in a hurry, that's a fine place to buy.

Like Rick T., I too have bought from hvStar. They are based in Hong Kong. Communicating via email is odd

because of mangled translations. However their prices are great and they delivered the products expeditiously.

Their prices easily beat all the other supposedly-good places to buy filters.

Jerry C.

Los Angeles

Hi Jenn,

Yes, they are legit. I have bought over half dozen high end (Hoya) filters from them. Delivery (by air - no

duty) and reliability

is good - genuine products too.

They have their own web site at hvstar.net which I find the prices are generally very good comparing to any other

shops or on-line stores. I also find their shipping costs sometimes cheaper through eBay - where they

use the name besteastern.

They even also sell Nikkei speedflash ($99) and wireless remote release ($3!) for my D60, as well as Tiffen

filter pouches ($3!).

Everything worked great so far.

I'd recommend them to anyone - you'll save yourself hundreds of $$.

I have heard good things about the 2filter site mentioned above. I wish I had heard of them before buying my Hoya Pro 1 uv and cp. It would have saved me over a hundred dollars. Saw the combo for the cp and uv on 2 filter the other day for $150 (77 mm size).