backdropoutlet.com

We buy from them on occasion, and actually have the petal mat. We dont use it much, I think because its a little too small, but if you have the use it can be really cute.

In general, though, they can be trusted and have alwyas been fair with us.

I like denny's products a little better, but they are usually a lot more money.

I have never had a good experience with backdrop outlet despite several attempts. Their stuff is mostly imported Chiness crap. The same stuff you get off of ebay. Is it cheap? Yes, but the quality is just not there. Thin muslin, poor quality art work, stinky paint, so stinky that the last background I got from them stunk up my studio for two months. Do your self a favor and avoid their garbage and buy from www.saycheesebackgrounds.com or www.backgroundsbymaheu.com or Denny's. I have to say that my favorite backgrounds are the ones that I have gotten from saycheese. The muslin is very think and they photograph very well, and they actually smelled kind of good when I unpacked them. I do belive that saycheese is the best kept secret in the background biz. Denny's is a little over priced and they have started importing some of their backgrounds and moving toward computer painted backgrounds. On the plus side in general their quality is very good and consistent. You can rest assured that what you order is what you will be getting. I can not vouch for their imported backgrounds but their high end stuff is really great.

I have purchased a few things from them on ebay before. I got the petal mat, which based on its size, I can only use for babies...sometimes. It's really stiff and they don't like it much. The quality wasn't all that great but it looks good in pictures. I also got a floral bonnet/bloomer set for infants, and a bassinet-basket thing that only looks good if I use a sheer fabric over it. Overall, they are good sellers, I haven't had any problems with them. But the products just look better in the pictures, they all look hand-made in person...with a hot glue gun to be exact.

• 2 weeks later...

As an amature photographer on a budget, I found their backgrounds acceptable and at a great price. I am not sure what an expensive background looks like, but I did buy a muslin from Owens at about $110 and the ones I purchased via e-bay from $45-$85 were as good and look fine. I also did not smell anything other than the paint used on the muslin. I wouldn't call them "cheap crap" but I am sure they are made in China or somewhere like that. I guess you get what you pay for and buy what you can afford. The backdrops (all three) were shipped quickly. I did not have any bad issues. Also, the BDs looked almost exectly the way they did on line.

I have their catalog and found that many of the same BDs in the catalog are much more expensive than on e-bay.